Recent Posts

sábado, 31 de diciembre de 2011

Hire process...

For Illustrations

  • For me to start working, I need to know some information about your project:
- Type of use (commercial, personal, promotional).
- Purpose (wallpaper, printed poster, website banner, book cover...)
- If you plan to do something else with the image later (the same you can make lemonade if you've got lemons, but you cannot make lemons out of lemonade, if you request a small avatar today and pretend to make a 30" poster out of it tomorrow, will be extremely hard to please you without paying for a second service).
- Size.
- Topic.
- Complexity level.
- Expectation examples (I will ask you to provide some random images that best fit the final result you're aiming for, so we can be, visually speaking, in the same track.)
- Deadline.
  • Drop me an email with the above information at nellfallcard@gmail.com


  • Once I've got all the info I need, I will estimate the cost of the project with three different rates, so you can choose the one that better fits your needs/budget. Small corrections and minor changes are included within our price. Radical modifications will be quoted separately. (Eye color change, slightly thinner waist, adding freckles to the character's face are examples of small corrections; Change angle & pose of the character, change summer dress for a tuxedo, or "I decided I don't want a fluffy cat as a mascot but a Komodo dragon instead", are labeled as radical modifications).

  • Once agreed in our price, I will ask for 50% payment upfront. I start working once received (no exceptions).

  • I will send low resolution images with updates of the work done: first phase will consist in composition, character(s) pose and elements: I will provide a basic colored sketch. This is your chance to change outfit, pose and items. Once you approve this phase, I will proceed to detail until image is finished. Once finished you can ask for minor changes. Changes that involve pose, items or outfits will be charged separately on this phase, so be sure you've made up your mind in the previous phase! Once you are happy with the final result, I will ask for the rest of the payment. When second payment is cleared, I will send you the high resolution file.


For animations

  • The same way we proceed with illustrations, for me to start working I will need to know some information about your project:

- Type of use (commercial, personal, promotional).
- Purpose (For Web, for Tv, for projection...)
- Specifications (Duration, frames per second, specific format if required)
- Topic.
- Are you providing the script or am I free to propose?
- Are you providing voiceovers/music/sound effects?
- Complexity level (Stick figures? complex characters?)
- Expectation examples (I will ask you to provide some examples that best fit the final result you're aiming for, so we can be, visually speaking, in the same track.)
- Deadline.


  • Drop me an email with the above information at nellfallcard@gmail.com


  • Once I've got all the info I need, I will estimate the cost of the project with three different rates, so you can choose the one that better fits your needs/budget. Small corrections and minor changes are included within our price. Radical modifications will be quoted separately. (since animation is by far trickier than still image, is hard to tell what would constitute a radical change in a general basis; we can discuss this based in your particular project specs).

  • Once agreed in our price, I will ask for 50% payment upfront. I start working once received (no exceptions).

  • I will provide advances of our work in three different phases. First one will be the storyboard: still images with suggestions about shots, framing and camera angles. Once you are happy with this phase, we will proceed to the Animatic phase: basic movement with stick figures giving a sense of what the final animation is going to be (special detail to movement on this phase, if something feels "off", this is the moment to point it out). Once approved, we proceed to the final animation: giving the stick figures the final look.

  • I will send a low resolution mpeg video with a watermark. Once you are happy with the result, I will ask for the rest of the payment. When second payment is cleared, I will send you the complete hi-res animation.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario